Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mini-Review: Pride and prejudice (audiobook from Tantor Unabridged Classics)

Pride and PrejudicePride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've read Pride and Prejudice any number of times over the decades; this time I listened to it, via a audiobook from Tantor Unabridged Classics. It was a completely different experience - I'm so familiar with the book that I didn't realize how much of it I was actually skimming (generally having to do with Mrs Bennet) - listening to it I heard every word, and experienced the wit and humor more than I have in years.

I've only listened to a few audiobooks, but enough to know that the narrator is absolutely key. This version was narrated by Josephine Bailey, and she was superb: a rich British accent and a very good job differentiating the different characters.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment